Corner bathtubs transform smaller bathrooms and those with odd-shaped layouts into unique, luxuriant bath spaces.
If you are looking for a new bathtub, don't feel limited because of your bathroom size or an odd angle at the far end. Corner bathtubs are second to none. Their contemporary design innovations and the range of models put them on par with the other bathtubs, including the luxury models. Read on to know more.
What Are the Benefits of a Corner Bathtub?
The are two major benefits of corner bathtubs:
All corner bathtubs are basically designed for smart space-saving. They can be configured differently in different bathrooms, depending upon their dimensions and space planning. For example, a corner bathtub can be placed either along a wall, at the intersection of two walls, or at an angle of a wall. Configurability of corner bathtubs saves space without giving your bath a cramped look. And the tub integrates with the rest of the space naturally.
The growing water security problem is a major global concern. The more environmentally responsible amongst us would like to save each drop of water that we can. A corner bathtub offers an ideal opportunity for you to save precious water. Compared to 80 gallons of water that a standard-sized bathtub requires, compact tubs can fill up with just half the quantity. So, you save as much as 40 gallons of water on each bath! Need we say more?
What Types of Corner Bathtubs Are There?
Also known as soakers or deep-soaking bathtubs, they offer full-body soaking depth in an upright sitting position. Their product design thinking follows this logic:
- A sitting arrangement saves significant floor space.
- For compact bathrooms, a sitting tub would provide an ideal space-saving solution
- To accommodate full-body soaking even in a sitting position, the tub needs to have extra depth
- Hence, the design solution is a bathtub with a deep soaking space
Soaking bathtubs are usually between 14" and 15" deep, with the Japanese models offering depth of up to 22". They offer you various advantages:
- Significant space saving
- Upright sitting posture – ultimate in comfort
- Full-body soak – covers all joints, muscles, and nervous system, so a hot water soak has a better therapeutic effect
- Improves blood circulation due to the uniform spread of hot water on the entire body
- Energy-saving – hot water remains hot for longer due to compact size
- Water-saving – consumes less water than a regular corner bathtub
On the flip side, soaking bathtubs are awkward for a standing shower bath. You may have to install a separate shower head for this purpose. Also, having a limited length, they don't suit families of members with different heights.
In short, soaking tubs are ideal for you if you are single or a couple with a compact bathroom, or if you want it as a secondary tub in a separate bathroom.