Wall decals are a great way to brighten up empty walls. You can add beauty to your interior, as well as express your style through wall decals. They come in a wide range of designs and sizes suitable for any room, such as the kitchen or living room. In addition to enhancing room's visual appearance, wall decals are also convenient for covering ruined walls.
There are certain factors that you should consider when purchasing wall decals, such as the room's color and size. Here, we offer practical tips to help you select the right wall decals suitable for your interior and personal taste.
How to pick a wall decal based on your interior decor?
There are various ways to choose a wall decal for your interior. One method involves picking a wall decal based on an interior's theme or inspiration piece.
There are certain items and furniture that could completely inspire the design of an entire area. Inspiration pieces could be an instrument such as a grand piano or even your chic sofa. Use these decor items to determine the room's color scheme. It is preferable to narrow down the color scheme to three to four colors. For instance, a room with sky blue curtains, white walls, and a sand-colored bed frame would look seamless with a sky blue wall decal.
You can easily pick the wall decal based on the room's color scheme. This is a great way to experiment with different patterns and solids.
If your wall decal is of a new color, try to add at least two other decor items in the same color for a cohesive interior.
If the room is composed of various decor pieces in different colors, try to tone it done by choosing a white wall decal.
Choose colorful and fun stickers to bring liveliness and fun to the room. For example, if your child has a green duvet and chair, you can spice it up by adding a large family tree wall decal with green leaves.
If your living room has neutral-toned furniture, jazz it up with bright wall decals, such as cherry blossoms to add a touch of nature.
How to select the colors of a wall decal?
Wall decals are available in every possible color which means you'll never run out of color options. The most practical way to choose your wall decal's color is to match it up with colors already present in the room. However, there are other techniques you can follow to choose your wall decal's color.
- Black and white wall decals are the go-to for those in doubt about color.
- White walls go with practically any other wall decal color.
- Brighten up a white room by adding a set of wall decals in different colors. A set of planets or animals in a white nursery room would look visually appealing.
- Colored walls could never go wrong with black wall decals, such as motivational quotes.
- Choose a wall decal in the same color as your walls but in a different shade. A light gray wall would match well with a dark gray wall decal.
What is the best wall decal style for different rooms?
Choosing a wall decal based on its style is the most practical way to make your decision. The decal's design can greatly impact the room's atmosphere, so it's important to choose one that is fitting to its designated room.
- When picking a wall decal for your children's bedroom, do not get decals that they don't like. Creative and colorful wall decals are a great way to help widen their imagination. Your child's favorite cartoon character can be a good option.
- An adult or teenager's bedroom can be decorated with decals of scenery or other designs that you like. You can pick green tropical leaves if you enjoy nature or you can go for an Eiffel Tower decal if you're a traveler. The options are endless.
- A living room would look best with larger decals, especially if the wall is blank. Large wall decals such as trees and floral patterns can be great backgrounds for your furniture.
- Adding wall decals to your office is a cost-effective way to make the area more fun and aesthetically appealing. You can choose inspirational quotes, a calendar, or even a timetable to organize your work.
- Dining rooms and kitchens can be decorated using wall decals related to food and utensils. Enhance the whole area by choosing simple yet warm or vibrant decals.
- For the bathroom, select wall decals that are linked to water such as waterfalls or marine animals. Relaxing and comforting phrases could also be an eye-catching option.
How to choose the wall decal's size?
Take precise measurements of the wall you want to cover to avoid replacements and refunds.
The wall decal's size should depend on the size of the area. Wide empty walls are suitable for large wall decals and smaller wall surfaces would require medium to small-sized decals.
Large wall decals are typically the centerpiece of the room.
If the wall surface is small and vertical, you may go for a tall and thin decal. If the available surface is horizontal, opt for a long and slim one.