A chaise lounge provides comfort so you can relax in your yard or on your porch. Imagine the joy you will feel when you recline in an oversized chaise lounge with a cushion so good you could fall asleep on it. When choosing from the collection of oversized chaise lounge cushions you can buy, you have to make sure the size is correct.
How to Measure for Oversized Chaise Lounge Cushions?
- Measure your chaise lounge with a stiff measurement tool such as a carpenter’s tape rather than a flexible one. Take measurements for each of the breaks or folds the chaise has. That number is either one, two or three. You get the most accurate figures by measuring the chaise lounge itself rather than the old cushion because over time it stretches and the fabric wears out.
- Get the width of the chaise lounge by measuring inside the frame between the arms and from left to right.
- Measure the height of the backrest section. Take this measurement from the bottom of that section to the top of the chaise lounge. This section ends at break #1 or the first fold.
- If your chaise lounge cushion has only one fold, which means that it is flat after break #1, then measure the depth of the long, bottom section from the front of the chaise to break #1. You are now finished measuring your one-fold cushion. If it has more than one fold, continue as follows:
- Break #2 or fold #2 begins at the bottom of break #1. It is where you rest your rear end. Take the measurements for it by measuring from its front to the end of break #1.
- Break #3 is the small section that runs from the end of break #2 to the fold that rises so you can flex your knees. Measure this break from its front back to where break #2 ends.
- Before putting your tape measure away, decide how thick you want your cushion to be. It can generally be between 3 inches and 8 inches thick. Makers of these cushions suggest that you not choose one that is no more than 5 inches thick.
When in doubt about measurements or if you have an irregularly shaped cushion, contact the seller.
How to Select a Cover For Oversized Chaise Lounge Cushions?
As you look over the choices for oversized chaise lounge cushions you can choose, your choice will depend in part on the type of lounger you have. Some oversized chaise lounges are for two. Regardless of the item type you have, the cover for the cushion should be:
- Weather resistant
Covers are typically made of canvas, polyester or acrylic. A polyfiber fill dries fast. They come in colorful solids such as pale yellow, chartreuse and blue. They also are available in striped and floral patterns. Ties or self-fasteners hold them in place. Select oversized chaise lounge cushions for a good rest and to add beauty to one of your favorite pieces.