No matter the size of your home, when you have children, finding storage for all of their playthings while maintaining cohesive designs is challenging. While finding areas for children to play is a priority, it isn't practical for their items to take over the home. That's when furniture pieces like the children's play table with storage are an optimal solution. Not only are they a great addition to the corner of your living room or your child's bedroom, but they're also excellent for playrooms and entertainment areas.
What are the different designs of children's play tables?
Here are some attractive designs of children's play tables:
- Train or car tables: the top of the play table features a train track or road and underneath the table are drawers for keeping all the toys necessary for play.
- Block tables: the top of the table features interlocking square grids and, underneath, all the multi-colored blocks are in drawers or pull-out plastic cubbies.
- Dollhouse tables: the dollhouses are constructed on top of the table and, in the areas beneath the table, drawers or plastic cubbies keep the furniture and figures.
- Chalk tables: a chalkboard is featured on the table's top and, in pull-out drawers or cubbies beneath, children will find chalk, erasers, and magnets.
- Art tables: the top of the table features a work area and, on shelves along the sides are where all the art supplies are stored in cubbies.
Who says a child’s playroom or the areas where they play have to be a mess? Why can’t they feature multi-purpose styling? The good news is these areas can feature organization and, with the use of a children's play table with storage, they can also be multi-purpose.
What are children's play tables constructed from?
Under most circumstances, you’ll find that children's play tables with storage are constructed from 100% wood to ensure its durability and will last for years. The pull-out drawers and cubbies are typically made from wood, as well, but you’ll also find these are constructed from plastic. The plastic construction is convenient because, in addition to being durable, they’re easy to clean. Under some circumstances, like in the case of the art play table, the components are small enough to fit into the dishwasher.
Otherwise, keeping the surfaces dust-free and wiped down frequently is essential. You’ll find that, as your child plays with the table more often, you’ll need to clean it more regularly. Avoid the use of harsh chemicals as they can cause cross-contamination. Instead, use a mild detergent mixed with warm water and a soft cloth to remove dirt and grime in between dusting.
How to select the style of a children's play table with storage?
Because there is a wide variety of styles to choose from, it’s going to depend on your child’s interests. Otherwise, there are options whereby you can select a standard play table that doesn’t fit into a particular theme. In these situations, the play table is either a conventional wooden or plastic table featuring matching drawers or cubbies underneath. Choices like this one are optimal for older children whose interests frequently change, so they’re not locked into one particular kind of playset.