We all know that makeup cosmetics and accessories can take up a lot of space in your bathroom and bedroom, and this quickly becomes a problem if you share the space with other people! If you enjoy collecting, using and experimenting with makeup, then you need the perfect makeup organizer.
This blog post will explain:
- The best ways to organize your makeup (even in a small space)
- Tips for storing makeup brushes and cosmetics so that they last longer
- How to make your makeup organizer pretty and coordinated
The best makeup organization tips for a small space
Whether you store your makeup in the bathroom or in your vanity, there are a few universal makeup organization tips that will help your collection feel curated and efficient.
- Firstly, opt for a drawer makeup organizer instead of countertop organization. Although it is useful to have a few things accessible, keeping anything on the countertop will instantly make the space feel cluttered and small.
How to store makeup brushes and cosmetics to make them last longer?
Not only should you invest in the perfect makeup organizer, but you should also store your cosmetics in a way that makes them last longer. Good quality makeup brushes and palettes can add up price-wise. That means storing and organizing them correctly will help save you money in the long run!
Here are a few useful tips for makeup storage in your bathroom and vanity:
Separate your makeup brushes. Makeup brushes are soft and can be damaged easily if thrown in with other products. To extend their shelf life, store them upright in jars or invest in a roll-up brush holder. If possible, separate brushes that you use for liquid and powder products if you don't have time to wash them in between each use.
Store makeup in a way you can see it. No matter how you organize your makeup, you should always choose a makeup organizer that lets you see it all. This way, you can easily pick out things that have expired or that you no longer use to keep your collection fresh and hygienic.
Make sure it is watertight. If you keep your makeup organized in the bathroom vanity, opt for clear containers that are watertight. Even if there is no water directly on it, moisture in the air will make your expensive powders deteriorate faster.
Lay everything flat. Where possible, store your makeup in a way that it can lie flat or stand up. This is especially important for powder palettes that can break easily when they are tossed around in bags and liquids that might spill. Lying everything in flat containers and drawers will also help optimize space.
Tips for a pretty and organized makeup vanity
For on desk makeup organization, you may want to spend some time curating the space and making it aesthetically pleasing. The last thing you want is dirty brushes and mismatched items scattered over your desktop!
If the counter is the only option you have for a makeup organizer, try applying some of these tips to make it feel pretty and organized.
- Firstly, devise a way to keep it all contained. Try finding a pretty tray that will keep it all in one place as well as act as a decor piece for your vanity. For an extra touch of elegance, find a tray that is mirrored. Keeping everything together will make the desk feel less cluttered.