Okay, so you know your exact dimensions, you’ve picked a style that matches your decor, now let’s find the perfect color for your bed skirt.
To help you to choose, we’re going to run over a few different ideas and scenarios, including solid colors, color accented bed skirts and patterned and textured models.
- Light solid colors. Light colors are a popular choice, especially if your bedroom lacks natural light or if you have a predominantly light color scheme. A word of warning, make sure that your dark box spring or your items in storage under your bed won't show through your light-colored bed skirt. Look for lined or heavy cotton fabrics to avoid this problem.
Here’s a quick summary of our main points, so you can choose your new bed skirt for your bed with confidence and ease.
- Measure your actual bed and your required drop. If your bed skirt doesn’t fit, it’s not going to look good.
- Match your decor style with a bed skirt style, a sleek tailored look will go better with a more modern, minimalist decor. A flouncy ruffle effect will look better in a more feminine, traditional style bedroom.
- Choosing a color - either play it safe with a matching color or pick a contrasting one or a patterned model. This all depends on your look and the color accents that you may want to pick up.
- If you opt for a light color, check the fabric of your bed skirt. You should opt for a heavy cotton or lined fabric to ensure that it remains opaque in full sunlight and that the shadows of the items you have stored under your bed, or your dark box spring, won’t show through.