These laundry hampers come in all sorts of shapes and designs, so it won't be hard to find the right one for your needs once you know exactly what to look for. We believe that the most important things to consider before buying a baby & kid hamper are:
- Where you're planning on placing it: measure that space so that you know how big your new hamper can be; if it's underneath a cupboard, check the height limit too!
- Where and how far you need to move it to: will you be able to carry it once full or it will become too heavy? Will you need to squeeze it into your car or would wheels be more helpful in your case?
- How often you do the laundry: there's no point in sacrificing precious playing space in favor of a bulky hamper if you're planning on washing its content twice a week.
Bearing in mind that some baby & kid hampers can fall within more than one category, consider these main options:
Since it will be in your little one's room, you should look for materials that, while ensuring practicality and functionality, are also safe. We recommend avoiding metal options and, instead, choosing a baby & kid hamper in one (or two) of these materials:
In order to find the right design for you and your little ones, think of the style and feeling that you're trying to convey in their nursery or bedroom so that you can find a baby & kid hamper that complements it:
- Identify the room's palette and pick a laundry hamper in one of its three main colors to keep it cohesive;
- Another way to ensure consistency is to pick a pattern that matches the room's theme: for example, if you've decorated it with lots of elephants, look for a wooden frame with an elephant pattern onto its fabric body;
- The material can also help you convey a specific feeling: hampers with wooden or wickerelements can keep it traditional, fabric can add a warm and cozy feel, whereas plastic or other freestanding monochrome models can be a great addition to more modern and contemporary rooms.
Let's recap the most important points to make sure you choose a baby & kid hamper that makes your life easier and looks beautiful in their room:
- In order to find the right design and size, consider where you're planning on placing it, how far you'll need to carry it to, and how often you do the laundry
- Collapsible and foldable designs will be your best choice if you're tight on space, whereas those with wheels or handles will make it easier to carry them to the washing machine or laundromat
- Look for safe materials that also work well with the room's décor
- To ensure a cohesive look, pick a color from the room's palette or a pattern that matches its theme.